Friday, March 16, 2007

Total-ly Fed Up


Illustration Friday Challenge: Total
Hmmm... Nothing comes to mind.
So much for waiting for an inspiration to hit.
Sort of fed up lately.
Wanted to use my chalk pastels.
This took about an hour.
The pastels are very forgiving, pure pigment that grips onto the archival velour paper.
I prefer it to the fine sand paper usually used for pastels.
If you like to draw and want to paint, chalk pastels is the way to go.
With pastel pencils you can get texture and detail too.
Did only the layout with pencils, used mostly sticks to quickly fill in areas of color.
Points for participating?

5 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Cool. I had absolutely NO ideas! Glad you had one! :-D Mary (IMAGIK)

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Lovely rich and beautiful colors! Yea!

Willie Baronet said...

nice. so is this a scene from your life?

pati said...

It's just me or IF theme are more and more tough each week?

Ur illo is wonderful, M. Dinardi.

cabanadigital.com

M. Dinardi said...

Rrrramone, It is a depiction of my life! (although I am female and not that thin) I am leaving a situation behind that has weighed me down for three years.

Pati, I think they are getting tougher! I was hoping for a brain tickler and was frustrated.
Decided to just throw an image out and break the curse!